Monday, May 25

raise the roof!

I drove by the lot on Thursday, May 21, after work for a quick preview before Adam got off work.  I snapped a few pictures of the progress.  Somehow along the way, my phone clicked over to black and white settings.. so we'll start off with a moody shot of the progress.
The clouds look so foreboding.. but in color, the sun is shining bright!

More roof lines are starting to emerge!


I always try to get a shot from this angle.. I can't wait to see the comparison from when we first started to today.
What is that I spy in the garage?

Looking a little closer, I see windows and our front door!  They're delivered..so maybe they'll be installed soon.

One of our big upgrade decisions was adding sidelights and a transom to our front door.  Just seeing it propped up in the garage -  worth every penny!

We also saw another exciting addition -  our building permit!  We're legit!

On Friday, I was able to get off work a little early (thanks to the upcoming holiday weekend) and Adam and I went by to see if anything else had changed.  Thankfully, it had!
The peak over the front porch was added, as well as some decking being added to the roof.


Check out the "ladder" that the framers have been using to reach the roof (propped up against the wall of the garage).

We didn't expect any work to be completed Saturday, May 23rd -  but we swung by just in case.  We caught the crew just as they were leaving.  I don't know if they were amused by my "happy dance" at seeing all the work that was finished.. or if they just thought I was loco.  
Either way, I was one happy camper.  It's really starting to look like a house!

Hopefully the crew knows how appreciated they are.  It feels so good to see things coming together.

We've come a long way in the past few weeks!  I know things will probably slow to a crawl now that framing is almost finished.  Still, any progress is exciting!

Raising the roof -  days 125 - 127 of our build.




No comments: