Thursday, April 2

closing time

In case you want a little 90's throwback.. here's a soundtrack for this post. 

We closed on the house on February 26th, 2015.  We both worked that day, and met up at Mom's to head to the lawyer's office. 

I didn't really know what to expect.  At our last closing, when we bought our house, it was just us and the lawyers because it was a foreclosure.  This time.. us, the sellers, would be meeting the buyers.

I was really concerned about making a good first impression.  I think I changed cardigans two or three times, maybe more.  I don't know why I was so worried.. it's not like they were going to back out of buying the house because I wore purple instead of peach.  (For the record, I wore polka dots and pearls... always pearls.)

Can I just say.. it's really awkward to meet the person buying your house?  Like.. how do you make small talk?  For us.. we just talked about how awesome the refrigerator was.

There was paperwork, but not as much as I expected.  We handed over the keys.. the buyer's realtor took pictures, and we were done.  Time to take our check to the bank and go.. home?

We sold our house. We survived. 

The question is now.. how long do we have before we can be home again? 



No comments: