Thursday, March 25

here's to the ladies who lunch

Recently I was invited to attend a Pampered Chef party at the home of one of our new neighbors.

Can I just say that the combination of good food, yummy wine, and lovely cooking accoutrements was almost more than this girl could bear!


I set a budget for myself beforehand. At least I made an attempt to be frugal! I purchased a few things for our new kitchen, but am proud of my ability to resist the centerfold of the show. Meet the Deep Covered Baker-- able to be used in both oven and microwave :



I was able to shy away from her alluring power. However, the Mexican Lasagna we made that night has already been recreated for my classmates-- not even a week later.

Who can resist a quick and easy recipe that makes enough for a crowd for less than $15. I fed 14 of my fellow students and still had some for leftovers.

+ 1 pack boneless, skinless chicken breast = $3.50 ($7.00 with BOGO free)
+ 1 pack mini flour tortillas = $2.50
+ 1 bag pre-shredded mexican blend cheese = $1.50
+ 16 oz cream cheese = $2.50
+ 1 medium onion = $ .50
+ 1/4 cup chopped cilantro = $1.00
+ 2 cans enchilada sauce = $2.00

Total cost = $13.50

Simply throw the chicken in the crock pot with a little seasoning and love; blend the cream cheese, shredded cheese, and cilantro together; dip the tortillas in the enchilada sauce and layer in a casserole dish. I made 3 layers of tortilla, chicken, onion, and cheesy goodness. I covered the final layer with the rest of the sauce and shredded cheese, and baked it on 450 for about 20 minutes.

It was awesome.

Now I just have to wait patiently for my other Pampered Chef goodies to arrive. I'll be sure to share once they come in.

No comments: