Sunday, May 8

semi-homemade apple cinnamon bread

Do you watch Food network?  Sometimes I think that (plus our daily dose of GMA) is the only reason we keep cable.  I've caught a few episodes of Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade, and though I like the concept of quick and easy semi-from scratch meals, I find myself wanting to punch her in the face.

But this post isn't about my love of almost all things Food Network, or my surprising addiction to the morning "news", it's about a simple  semi-homemade apple cinnamon bread recipe.

Makes 3 mini loaves:
  • 1 package Kroger brand (or any generic) apple cinnamon muffin mix
  • 1/2 can apple pie filling
  • butter
  • milk
  • oil
  • cinnamon
  • sugar
When making the muffin mix- replace the water with milk, and use the oil as listed (but also add about 2tbs melted butter.)  I then added about 1 tablespoon of cinnamon and 1/8th cup sugar.

After blending the mix until wet, take your 1/2 can of apple pie filling and smoosh (?) it with your wisk.  You want to break up the apple slices into smaller chunks, then fold into your batter.

Spray your loaf pans generously with Pam (I use Baker's Joy-- it has flour mixed in) and spoon the batter into the pans, filling them halfway.  Sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon and sugar on top and bake at 350 for the time indicated on the Muffin Mix packet.

Enjoy!

No comments: