Sunday, May 29

mom-o-rama

Dear Mother is pretty lucky.  Her birthday fell on the same weekend as Mother's Day.  At her request, we planned a FULL-Saturday of Mom-approved events.  One of the main things she wanted to do was to tag along on a yard-saleing adventure with her darling daughter (haha).

I arrived at her house at 5:45, about as bright-eyed and bushy-tailed as one can be that early on a Saturday.  We lucked out with the day, becasue there were about 15+ yard sales in our area that morning (which is a TON for the Auburn/Opelika area). I had even mapped out our plan of attack:

The first few sales we didn't find much.. and I was growing a little concerned.  I'd hate for her Yard Sale-ing birthday bash to turn into a big Birthday Bust.  Thankfully we both found a few things over the course of the morning.

She picked up a cute Vera Bradley purse, some CD's and a Badmiton racket -- to kill bugs with apparently.
I found a few lovelies, a basket (of course!), a pretty detailed mirror, the cutest yellow pitcher, and a spunky kelly green planter.

This picture shows more of the detail of the planter.  Now to decide what to plant ...
I also found something pretty darn amazing, maybe one of my best yard sale finds so far.  Let's just say I was dancing in the street (okay, the median?) when I loaded it into my car.  I'll share more about that find later...

Any good finds lately?  I haven't been thrifting in a while, but mainly because I've been saving up for a little retail therapy.  Home decor mecca... I'll be there soon!

No comments: