Sunday, January 10

feeling festive...

This Christmas was one for the books.  We had multiple opportunities to celebrate with friends and family, plenty of sweets and treats, and generally just basked in the joy and love of our new home.

Before we get too deep in the red and green, we had to take care of some of the fall decor that was still lingering:
Piled up and ready for transport to our makeshift shooting range..
Some of the damage from our target practice..
I think this is the Man's favorite part of decorating..
UN-decorating!
 Onto one of my favorite traditions, a sweet way to kick off the Christmas season.. the annual Cookie Walk!
It's a fundraiser for our local Habitat for Humanity, where local folks donate cookies, you take your pick and pay by the pound.  It's usually the first Saturday in December, and for the past few years has been hosted at Grace United Church in Auburn.  I think I've been going to it for at least 7 years now, possibly longer. 
I can always count on having one kitten or another to supervise me.
This year I attempted making divinity for the first time.  It wasn't the best (it was still a little sticky and dense) but I blame the weather instead of my lack of skills..
I was later getting my Christmas cards out than normal.  I plan to remedy that next year! But how could I not send some out with stamps like these? 
I tried getting Loki into the Christmas spirit with a sweater..

He wasn't feeling it.  At. All.
At this point, things kicked into high gear!  It was the last weekend before Christmas and the Man was smoking Boston butts for my (finally returned) annual GNO/Ugly Chrimma Sweater Party:
Mm.. meat!

Adding in the injection.. it only took about 18 hours this time.

I came home to a lovely surprise of some cheery flowers to brighten up a dreary winter day, and just in time to have a pretty decoration for the party!

We laughed, and ate, and talked, and laughed, and ate some more..

Showing off our classy Christmas style!

And of course, Loki had to steal the spotlight.  Thanks to my friend at Birds on a Wire Photography for the awesome kitten picture!  She always makes my home, cooking, and kitties look so fancy!
We always have so much fun, and I'm so glad to keep the tradition going!  After the party died down, the Man and I tidied up the next day, and started counting down to Wednesday.. 12/23. 

Why Wednesday?

(I'll give you a hint.  We're big nerds.)

No comments: